View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 1 Gekli Feeding Grounds
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
When I reached VA and could finally reach Borg space, the first thing I did was the Fludic space action. Expected maybe a fight against some Undine ships, or fight over control for the portal, I don't know.

I didn't expect sheep dogs: IN SPACE!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad a space encounter did something other than simply fighting or scanning, but... well, sheep dog: IN SPACE! controls horribly when you can go in 3 dimensions. My entire team found herding the damn things horrible and awkward, and by the time 4 had been herded, after about 45 minutes, it was only me and one other player left. I left soon after. I like both fluidic space, and was really interested in a mission that posed an alternative to combat, I just felt it wasn't fun. I was glad when the enemy ships respawned so i could have some fun, which isn't good when I was hoping for something different.

I don't know what the community at large thinks about this, however. Do you disagree? Do you think it's merely the fault of a first timer being impatient? A team that might not have worked together as they should have? Or do you agree that it could have used better, less stubborn pathing AI for the Gekli? Discuss please!
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!