View Single Post
Banned
# 23
07-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Before everyone gets upset you should at least listen to the podcast. The OP is misquoting CaptainGeko, and deliberately mischaracterizing his statement. And you all fell for it, because you didn't listen to the podcast.

Starting at 1:07:54 (link), here's what CaptainGeko actually said:

"To be honest we don't sell that many Klingon ships.

So we just don't and a... so its... we love to make them. The artists I think like to make them more than Fed ships cause they can be a lot more creative with them, but what the Odyssey sold in comparison to the Bortas was an order of magnitude different.

The Odyssey took a lot more work... (snip) [because of the contest] (snip) ...but even beside that I mean the amount of development time that it takes to make one ship is a lot and so if they don't sell it's really difficult to justify.

So they'll still keep getting them, but in general you're gonna see more come out for the Fed than you are gonna see for the Klingon. But I think that all of the different fleet ships coming out are going to really help. You're not going to get new skins, or new models, but a lot of new options. A lot of new bridge officer seating options.

They're gonna get the new D-7, right. The K'Tinga and D-7 versions they'll have access to. So and that has a complete different seating that the Vor'cha. So they're gonna get a lot of new options."

While there's plenty of things about the Empire to be upset about, let's not waste our time getting upset about things that weren't actually said. And let's not allow ourselves to be successfully baited by Federation trolls.