View Single Post
Captain
# 403
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
The other option involves making the keybind change the keybind after every press. While I am not going to write out the whole solution, it would be something like this:

x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

Where pressing 'x' changes the power level, but also rebinds the 'x' key to the next power level. The 'reset' at the end would actually be an alias command that would be put in your CommandAlias.txt file as:

reset bind x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

If you don't know, CommandAlias.txt files are stored in Localdata directory. In my instance, it is c:\users\public\games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata, but YMMV.

Hope this helps in some fashion as to how you would like to implement your suggestion. Again, neither is pretty, but they should do what you want.

Update: The above 'commands' are just for logical thought process use, not actual commands that you can copy and paste into your keybind files.
That is pretty much what I had in mind. But given there're only 4 power presets (and that I may not need them all, anyway), finding a couple unused keys might be far easier. This solution (while really nice, given the possibilities) would be far too much trouble in this case. But thanks.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!