Blacksheep - casual fleet
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
Blacksheep - casual fleet
07-09-2012, 09:51 AM
The Blacksheep is a casual fleet with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
We're "a collection of misfits and screwballs"; a social group with a slight Star Trek addiction.
We are on STO because we have a love for Star Trek, and we want to have fun. If it's not fun, then why do it?
Some of the features of the Blacksheep:
- We understand that real life events take priority over computer games, and because of this you can't be on here any time you choose. We are a relaxed and fun group. There are no mandatory meetings; no mandatory events; no mandatory fleet uniform. We do have a fleet uniform and patch, but wearing them is strictly your decision.
Simple yet organized
- We know that some rules must be in place to keep things running smooth, so we have a simple, streamlined code we go by, overseen by the Fleet Council, our governing body. Even if some of our leadership were away for an extended period, the fleet would still run smooth. We have members who love to help, and always try to answer questions.
Open to most
- Star Trek Online consists of players of all ages from all over the world. We are looking for players with a good attitude, who like to help others, and want to have a good time. We know that age doesn't always reflect a person's maturity: there are minors that have traits far beyond their years, and there are seniors that you would believe are still in elementary school. If you like helping others, treat people with courtesy, and looking to have fun, you will probably fit right in no matter the age.
- We have a web site that contains a Forum, Gallery, News area, and more. With all the contributions our members are making, the fleet starbase is progressing nicely; our starbase provides you with more opportunities for daily missions, Duty Officers, fleet ships, personal equipment, and more. We have a global chat channel and a Vent server for fleet use. The web site allows our members to exchange ideas and information and gives another outlet to have a good time. Preview our site at:
No heavy-handed recruiting
- You will never see us shout out spam recruiting messages, and we will never send blind invites. When we run across people who seem like they would fit in with the Blacksheep, we might chat with them and inquire if they would be interested. We would rather go slow and treat people as we would want to be treated and find good folks, than blindly go on a recruiting blitz.
We are not looking to become the largest, fastest growing group. Rather, we want quality people who wish to have a good time in a relaxed atmosphere. It is our hope that by maintaining this philosophy, we will strengthen with a caliber of individuals you rarely see.
If you are interested in joining or want more information
, register on our site and post a message on the forum at:
and click on the "Join the Blacksheep" button across the top of the site, or feel free send an in-game message to @Troubl.
Wishing you fair winds and smooth sailing,
Last edited by troubil; 11-23-2012 at