View Single Post
Commander
# 13
07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I could get behind this, but some other things would need to change as well, specifically related to enemy NPCs.

Because you are proposing a more "realistic" feel to the combat, we would need to see a more realistic approach to the enemies we face as well.

For example, currently you enter a system, and you might face 5-7 groups of enemy ships, with anywhere from 1-3 ships in the group.

Based on your proposal, the enemies would need to change as such that you might face a maximum of 5-7 enemy ships in any given star system, with a maximum grouping of 3 ships for the weakest of enemies but more commonly a group of 2, perhaps one weak ship and one moderate ship, and heavier, more powerful ships would always be solo.

The idea being, that based on your proposal, within the current system, we'd spend an inordinate amount of time blasting away at armadas of worthless peons, and the real combat against heavier duty foes would take forever. Therefore, to maintain the ratio of time spent in a system to current time spent, the number of enemies would need to be reduced, if reducing our base combat effectiveness.

And for the record, this is not the first time an idea like this has been proposed. But, that being said, it seems the really good ideas just keep coming back.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey