View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The quantum shadow issue is a technical limitation. We can copy your character's base appearance, but not the items you are wearing. Notice that they never show up wearing armor or kits that you may have equipped and showing.

We're working on a way to expand that tech, but for now we're planning to stick your Shadows into EV suits when summoned in hostile environments. They are unlikely to match your own, but I'm afraid it's the best we can do for the time being.
You know... I'd actually kinda plead with you to leave it in.

We don't have enough absurd red shirt deaths in this game.

I'd rather see a gimmick where the extra red shirts dying buffs the team or something. <:-)

Really, I just LOVE that "burns to death" animation.

I wish there was a way I could use that. Even if you put it in the Foundry, I can't auto-kill NPCs or make them disappear.

Although... I would like to suggest an idea for that. I get the issue with making contacts disappear. It could break missions. It would force missions to have too many validations.

So... Instead...

What if a new class of contact was introduced. One that couldn't be used for EITHER mission dialogue or kill objectives. And these contacts, we could have "exit" a map with a choice of exit animations? If neither talking to them nor killing them is essential to the mission objective, authors could do whatever they want.

Effectively, a third NPC class. Neither Contact nor Enemy. Just a "Redshirt" so to speak. An NPC class whose life, death, or exit can have no direct consequences on the mission since they can't be associated with objectives. That would be useful for flare and people could always simulate talking to them via pop-ups and martini glasses or the standard optional, non-required contact dialogue.