View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2
07-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikamak View Post
Changing the difficulty of STFs, in my opinion they made some big mistakes.

1 - They last too long comparing with the drop. Cure space and Kithomer are particulary long. You can play one even for 45 minutes ore more and get useless drops. Being so, they don't worth the time spent playing them.

2 - Enemy damage. Quite often a single shot deals you 45.000 damage even if you have your shields up. I palyed some STF where i respawned just to get another blow of 40-50.000 damege and explode again.

Other nuisances are tolerable, but the two I described make me loose the wish to join a STF.
1: Very much dependant on the group you are with - it can, admittedly, last that long if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in a PuG full of rainbow boats. By the same token, if you find yourself with a decent PuG, comprised of players who know what they're doing, they don't last anywhere near that long.

2: Forced to agree with this one - it doesn't happen too frequently, but have had STF's where I've been in my Intrepid retro and my shields inexplicably vanished after barely one shot (and I use MkXII MACO and three-piece borg). I don't enjoy having to use the Intrepid's Ablative Armor generator just to avoid being killed by uber-shots (and even then I have, on occasion, been killed during the brief period between the shields dropping and the armor activation).

Last edited by reyan01; 07-10-2012 at 03:26 AM.