View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
I've started work on updating the starcharts for season 6, due to the addition of the PVE queues and implementation of the DoFF system I'm removing the Diplomatic missions list and Fleet Action lists.

Due to many people getting confused about the location of Gamma Orionis sector block I've decided I'll be adding a Galactic map to the Star charts a well. It's still a work in Progress, the bright dots indicate where Voyager started its journey, where Earth is and where the Gamma Quadrant wormhole is.

STO Sector Locations

I'll be working on the sector blocks this coming week and slightly revamping the style of the chart to more closely match the style of the STO website (should make it look a bit more slick).

If anyone has any suggestions for what features they might like adding to the starcharts, please let me know :-)
What data did you base that off of and where did you get the scaling? Mind you, you are absolutely correct that Gamma Orionis is in that general area - but I was just wondering how you decided on a scale, direction, distance, etc...

For example, this map which covers the breadth of the Orion Spur, with the center of the galaxy to the 6 o'clock direction, shows Gam Ori roughly 1400 light-years out in the oh, 190-200 degree bearing.

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/2000lys.html

Last edited by drumcd74656; 07-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.