View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is where Fleet Politics come in -- since the officers (read: fleet ranks with the right permission settings) are able to see the projects, Fleet Leaders, and the fleet as a whole, may want to agree on setting some ground rules for donating. I'll pass along the feedback, but I think you answered your own question in your post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The solution we tried on Tribble (and one someone linked to here in this thread) was to try to make a spreadsheet document that people could look at, but at the end of the day, its a cumbersome method that is labour intensive and to be honest really not needed if the developers simply let 'everyone' see the upcoming projects, instead of just fleet leadership.

This feature is going to do more harm than good at the end of the day if it causes friction in fleets. Even though people get to keep thier fleet credits when they leave a fleet, if I fleet splinters (like what happens in WoW alot when there are disagreements in guilds) the progress of the fleet starbase is not kept. This for many could be the difference between staying in the game or just quitting. surely it's better to tweak the system so there is less chance for disagreement in fleets. Like i said, I see absolutly no reason why this kind of information should be hidden from a fleets general population, when all it does at the end of the day is gives people an unfair advantage depending on thier leadership position in a fleet and with so many people getting frustrated at the time gated nature of contributing, this doesn't help at all.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment