View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
I noticed tonight that on my excelsior refit i have 58,746 hull, I noticed at least one other Excelsior refit with the same amount of hull. We both had Structrual integrity maxed, out, and I was running the full borg set.

This is the first time I have ever seen a ship with so much hull. I actually spent some time in Sol System looking for an Odessy that had more hull to no avail. The highest Oddy hull I saw wsa 57.9k with most sitting at 57.5k hull.

So I have to ask the community, did the excell get a stealth buff to Hull?

Yes, this is a prime example of design inconsistency.

The Excelsior now has one of, if not the, highest hull values available Fed side and yet manages to maintain one of the best Turn rates of all available Fed cruisers.

So while the rest of the Fed line up is mostly saddled with absolutely terrible to moderately terrible turn rates - the Excelsior gets to have its cake and eat it too.

Maybe one day the devs will either realize the disparity between base turn rate and final calculated turn rates and adjust accordingly.

Or maybe they won't, and they will just continue to break design rules as the whim strikes.

I'm putting my money on the latter.