View Single Post
Captain
# 105
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
I made 189m a few days ago and from chatting with other traders, buying and selling is working fine as long as you use the workaround discussed up above.
The problem with this is that the majority of the players aren't exchange jockeys and won't have the knowledge to use a workaround.

Which hasnt been as effective since S6. Unless the speculators just happened to to miss that ten bargain basement contraband I offloaded (Hooray for Klingon marauding!) the other day that sat there for twelve hours going unsold before I pulled it.

Regardless, the more people plug in a search term, find contraband (for example) for half a million, the more people arent going to know the average going price. Under pricing is great for the exchange speculators because they can take advantage of the ignorance and resell for higher. Over pricing leads to unsold items that get recycled eventually instead of keeping the economy chugging along.

So we all agree that it's broken. Many feel it's broken worse now and not without reason. Either way, fixing it will be good for everyone... Who aren't profiting off of ignorance, that is.