Fleet Ship Module Available
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
07-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Actual Requirements for Buying a Fleet Ship
(1) 20,000-200,000 Fleet Credits.
(2) 4 (20,000 Zen) Modules - Price of fleet ship without buying it's c-store counterpart.
--- or ---
(2) 1 (500 Zen) Module - Price of fleet ship if you bought it's c-store counterpart.
(3) Tactical Ship Provision - 18,000 dilithium + Other Resources.
--- or ---
(3) Tactical Ship Provision - 200,000 dilithium.
(4) Resources spent for unlocking tier (or multiple tiers). Dilithium, Zen, and Energy Credits used to purchase the resources required to upgrade each individual tier.
Even though everyone is looking at the store prices, the ability to obtain them costs way more than what is advertised. What does not help is the depletion of common exchange items, and how their demand has caused prices to skyrocket. Duty officers specifically.
Keep in mind that you are also working as a team.
Originally Posted by
The prices of these ships keeps Cstore ships relevant, otherwise the purchases people have already made would be almost completely obsolete.
Yes and no.
You can technically skip buying from the c-store, and you can still obtain a powerful ship at tier one. Even though I bought the Armitage a few weeks ago, the Fleet Patrol Escort I recently bought made it slightly obsolete. I may lose a turret console and hanger, but I gained a stronger hull, universal station, and a tenth console slot. Regardless about which one I use, I will no doubt win out at the end.
Odyssey Star Cruiser is the conundrum. Compare the Star Cruiser's specs to the other three Odysseys, and you will see virtually no reason to buy the fleet version. Some other fleet ships have similar issues, but those are only seen in how much hull they have. I have also never seen a need for an extra ensign station. Regardless about if its universal or not, I just don't see any advantage in having a standalone ensign station.
Last edited by linyive; 07-21-2012 at