View Single Post
Career Officer
# 26
07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
No it isn't. "farmers" don't supply anything, and they don't consume anything. All they do is force actual consumers to pay higher prices.
They supply EC to sellers. Trade is always a two way street. There is nothing forceful or predatory about it. If you don't like it, buy the item first. Adjusting prices back to fair market value, and benefiting from the EC is NO DIFFERENT than benefiting from the raw product at an under-market value.

If I buy a product for 25,000ec, and it has a market value of 40,000ec, and I resell that product at it's market value. I've earned 15,000ec of value. If you buy a product for 25,000ec, and it has a market value of 40,000ec, and you just use the product because you wanted it- Guess What? You've still earned 15,000ec of value, since you don't need to spend the extra 15,000ec to get it! In both cases, the buyer is 'taking advantage' of the seller's ignorance. It doesn't matter what you want to do with the product.

You're basically proposing that value be restricted only to use, and not an opportunity to resell, and that's just silly. You're denying someone else dibs on a deal, even though they may have found it first and fair, because you want less competition on the exchange. It's bad for sellers, and its unfair to those who actually put in their effort in trading.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist