View Single Post
Captain
# 29
07-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
We need to stop the "market massacre" thats happening now

There are WAY too many people buying stuff and reposting it immediately at a 50% mark up

this is not commerce its theft
I agree that the "market massacre" needs to stop, but the logic behind this is flawed.

As the saying goes, "theft" tends to have that connotation of a "forceful" removal of value. If I'm boneheaded enough to post a 500k item at 200k because I forgot to research the item properly, then I'm not being robbed, I'm being stupid. If I'm convinced/cajoled/"forced" to sell a 500k item on the exchange at 200k, so the traders can scarf it and reprice it, that's theft.

Now, at the same time, I'm gonna take a moment to point out the fact that the exchange is a monopoly. Literal in the Dilith - Zen point trade, as that's the only place to make any kind of dilithium or zen point trade, and virtual for everything else, as the WTT/WTB/WTS posts are quickly "muted" in zone chat by the refrain "go to exchange", "take deals to exchange or else, that is our trade channel", report...

With this monopoly, I question exactly how the community is setting the prices if joe-bob the trader can log in, buy up all of item X below price Y, and re-sell them at or above price Y. If he's on frequently, am I ever (outside of extreme luck) ever gonna see item X cheaper than price Y? That's not a community price, that's "trader joe-bob's price". And, with the exchange-monopoly, anyone who wants item X has to either pay joe-bob's price (joe-bob's validation that the item is at it's "proper" value) or go without...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...