View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
You could theoretically have the glass helmet be transparent for species that have reasonable head restrictions.

Or simply require people to use reasonable head restrictions if they opt for the transparent glass choice.
Either of those require programming time, which is precious and rare. Opaque EV suit likely did not. In addition, it's not just head size/shape. Andorians for example couldn't use it if things were restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
the real reason they dnt let you is this........

if you could customize your suit you wouldnt have to buy several of them......

its another way for them to tug at your wallet......
This makes no sense to me. How does limiting customization mean you buy more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanothername View Post
With EV Suits & Armors I was more thinking in line of an appearance tab or WoWs transmogrification. You can only have one "whole" suit to show, but you can choose to have it look either like the crystal suit or the last known canon suit.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Like, buy the "Combat EV Suit" mechanic, and then apply whichever suit's visuals you want to use? One problem might be recognizability. Currently, if you see a First Contact suit, you know what it does. If you could swap it out, you wouldn't know at a glance whether someone had the extra bits or not. Dunno, just speculating. The concept sounds feasible.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?