Thread: STOWiki
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 31
07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Really need to do something about all the back-end calls to ads that happens when you load every page in the wiki. It is horrendous and they tend to freeze up and time out. I've never seen a legitimate web site call so many ad addresses.

It's so bad, that some tend to freeze up my browser (Chrome) during the loading process for a few seconds. As well, it does this on my iPod Touch too (Mercury browser), where the pages will stay in a constant state of loading.

I understand that the ads pay for the sites hosting, the sheer number of calls to a plethora of various ad web sites has gone beyond acceptable to me, to the point that I almost would like to know the revenue made on this "Community" site by the owners and am close to making a formal request, just for curiosity's sake. I hope you find a way to remedy this because the site is a wealth of information but seriously, something needs to be done to reduce the amount of hidden ad calls being performed without the general users' knowledge.

Thank you for your time.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 07-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.