View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Thanks

Or you could just take 5 minutes and move the channel to a network that has nickserv?
Exactly what I won't be doing, though I am willing to seek a solution. Its actually not much more than 5 mins to set up a channel. However finding a web based client so it can be accesed easily, having secure channel protocols and respected operators, gaining favours for Cryptic regarding simultaneous connections from one mask and having a secure logging facility and statistics. Well they take time.

Having sorted out issues when they arise by doing it AS A COMMUNITY is a real bonus for everyone. Think of the issues that Cryptic would have with having to employ ppl to set stuff up and monitor it, its almost a full time job for someone.

I don't say that everyone will be happy with having it this way. But look at the fact that traffic has more than doubled in the last week and on Thursday there were 103 people in the room with no real issues. It shouts loud that there is a great community of Trek gamers out there. I feel honoured to be a part of it and to have such great support from real dyed in the wool Trekkies, like Kinneas for example. Even though I tell him I am NOT a trekkie almost every day.

Sorry to go on. I am still looking into it. Also some other things. I'll keep you posted