View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-02-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm really really struggling to keep motivated now. For the last half year or so, the only thing that kept me in STO was the DoFF system. I'm now finding that only a month into this season I'm just logging in to do my DoFF missions and nothing else. I enjoyed Nukara, but after doing it several times its just getting boring, the same as the other fleet mark events, there simply isn't enough variety to keep me interested in grinding these events back to back.

I think what is worse in all of this is that the items that you recieve from the fleet starbase system have been purposely designed NOT to be as good as STF loot. I persoanlly don't really enjoy the STF's (I've done them far too much with no luck getting gear) and thought that the fleet system would finally allow players to get decent gear that was comparable to STF's via the huge contributions we have to donate. To find out this is simply not the case has really put o huge downer on me, also the fact that you have to buy the items with fleet credits 'and' dilithium after all the donations to unlock them does not sit well with me either. I've basically emptied alot of my huge stockpile I've ammased since I started playing STO into the fleet starbase system and to be honest, the rewards just feel like a kick in the face for what players are expected to do. I want my Fleet Defiant (got the modules off the exchange for EC), but to be honest, I have no idea what I'll do with it once I have it, because I really can't be bothered with the current fleet mark grind events anymore. :-/

Ah well, SWTOR is going F2P soon, I might just head back over there :-/

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment