View Single Post
Ensign
# 112 Best Customer Support EVER
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
So, does anyone else feel like STO has jumped off the proverbial slippery slope since PWE took the reigns? If not, have a listen to this one!

I've been playing STO on and off since the beta. I've never had problems running the game on normal default graphics settings and the like. I took a bit of a break in the run-up to Season Six, hoping that the influx of new content would give me a lot of new stuff to do and frankly it did.

The problem is Season Six also came with massive latency issues. I know for a fact I'm not the only person who has had this issue to date but there have been times when I can't play the game for more than five minutes at a time before being disconnected. Nothing on my computer had changed since Season Five and my internet connection works perfectly. The issue arose only after the installation of Season Six.

So, I went through the PWE support and followed through their instructions. The Nettest app and such showed no issues. I reinstalled the game from scratch. I made the game update everything through the launcher rather than in game. I removed the Pando Media Booster application. I went through their entire list of suggestions and nothing improved the situation in the slightest.

Now, as a computer technician, the next step would be to have a look at the programme in question and its changes. After all, its only logical to presume that since the issues arose after the programme went through a significant change and the issue cannot be traced to anything on the computer's end that the problem is with the programme itself.

So I submitted a support ticket. That was two weeks ago.

I just got a response from PWE support. Their message, in a nutshell, directed me to support threads whose suggested fixes were all things that I had explained I had already done in my initial ticket.

So, not only did they take two weeks to get back to me which by itself is just pathetic but they've offered only suggestions that I explained I tried in the initial ticket.

In short, Best Customer Support EVER.

Seriously PWE. Tell me why I should keep paying for a subscription to the game when you won't even try to solve this issue?

/endrant

/startrant

Why was my post asking for an opinion and stating facts removed and buried in another thread? And why was it done so quickly, I might add? Support takes two weeks to get off their arses and help a paying customer with an automated email that offers no help whatsoever but woe unto those who dare insult the company's reputation?

Last edited by zeroalexandra; 08-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.