View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 41
08-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Meh, it sounded a bit negative, but I certainly took no offense to the question.

Yes, black textures on environment assets would be assigned to me or one of the other environment artists to address.

No, I can't reveal what I'm working on at the moment.

Being an Environment Artist is a job. And like any job, I have tasks that I have to get done by certain times. I am currently working on those tasks. If my schedule in the future gives me time to fix bugs, I will do so. If I get ahead on my schedule, I will often fill in some time by bug fixing. Black textures on ships would fall to the ship artists to fix. They are in the same boat I am in terms of following a schedule.

Bugs are subdivided and given priorities based on severity of the bug. Something that is quite literally breaking the game (not just as professed by some players), is going to be addressed as quickly as it can be. Something that is cosmetic, has no effect on game play, and for most people, there is a functional workaround for (such as here), are lower priority, and will be addressed as time allows. Many of these have been addressed, and many more will be, I just don't know exactly when that will be.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 08-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.