View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Of course, this is the reason why there is a penalty, to discourage people from leaving, just because the optional has failed... There are still too many people who are abandoning STF half way though, which indicates that the penalty should be made longer... (Perhaps a day???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
For the first time ever, I find myself in complete agreement with grouchy...

In fact, It could be beneficial to crank it up severely.
Are you guys serious?
You want to force people to either do something they hate or prevent them from doing what they want?
And that's supposed to be beneficial to the game how?

Hint: it isn't.
What you'd get is frustrated veterans who either quit this game completely or restrict their STF (and FE) play to premades.
Either way, without the veterans in STFs, failures will skyrocket, and STFs stop to be fun for everyone.
Leading to: right, even the semi-competent players and incompetent players will leave, since they can't get a successful run. You'd turn everything into ... yeah, Crystalline Entity is probably a good example. Pure frustration for everyone.

I'm not sure if lowering the timer would be a good idea. But I know for sure that EXTENDING it is one of the most stupid, short-sighted ideas I've read in a while.

Memo to everyone who didn't get it yet: Competent players want to play with other competent players. It's no fun explaining the same thing to random newbies or even worse, random nabs, every run. It's no fun to fail time and time again because they didn't listen ... again!
And that's perfectly fine.
Games are meant to be fun, not a source of frustration. Is that so hard to get?