View Single Post
Captain
# 5
08-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
This bug got introduced by the season 6 patch, as part of the graphics updates. IIRC, disabling Bloom was the key to get rid of it.
It's a known bug, and will be fixed some day ... just now it doesn't seem to be very high on the priority list as it's not gamebreaking, just very, very annoying.
So if I turn off the Bloom completely, they'll go away? Or will their effects merely be reduced?

Thank you for the help.

EDIT: Just tried the KDF Mirror Event with the Bloom turned off. No Joy. Although playing with the Half Resolution Feature turned on cured the lag issues completely. Good thing I'm not one of those people who are all about the eye candy in a game. Although this is one of STO's strongest selling points, isn't it? I was going to treat myself to a lifetime subscription for my birthday or Christmas. Now, I guess we'll see. Argue and complain and b***h all you like in a forum such as this. Companies do not listen until consumers vote with their cash. By then it's too little, too late. Why do you think WoW is now F2P?

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 08-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.