View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
08-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That is a question you and most everyone else on these forums have been asking themselves, or even directly to me. Many remain mystified

The short answer is rather long, so bear with me:

I've been with STO since Open Beta, therefore I have seen everything Cryptic has done, ALL OF IT. I have seen their business decisions, many of their comments, seen their interviews on STOked and all their collections of ST memorabilia (did i spell that right?), and so on and so forth.

My opinion of all that, is that the Cryptic devs themselves, are good people, doing what they can with a business and with the ST IP in an MMO format. Therefore, I am with Cryptic, knowing full well there are good intentions between everything they do, or try to do. I realize it is the workings of their employers (Atari, and now PWE) who are the ones who desire money, and could care less about how they get it.

Therefore, I support Cryptic, but I do not support their employers. Because it is my belief the core root of the current issues is PWE, not Cryptic.

Why do I continue to do so, even now? One, because I hate when something I like and respect is insulted/bashed/flamed/etc in any way. And two, because I do not believe 'following orders' is grounds for blame for something so minor as business decisions over a game.

THAT is why I support Cryptic, even having been here since Open Beta, and all the implications that intails. It is my humble opinion, and I stand by it.
I haven't been a player as long as you, just 600 days coming up but I generally agree with everything you say here except that if it wasn't for PWE there would most likely be no STO at all right now.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html