View Single Post
Captain
# 4
08-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I guess from my standpoint out of all the Hybrid FTP games I play (Conan, LotRO, DCUO, CoH, and so on) none of them makes it easier to buy store things then STO does. Just making 8,000 Dilithium per day is fairly easy and will earn you around 1,200 Zen per month; and there's many ways to make Dilithum: Dailies, PvP, Foundry, DOFFs, Fleet Actions, Special Events, etc. I've never played any of my other Hybrid FTP games and been able to buy $30-$50.00 worth of goods from the store in just a month of playing. I do that in STO every month.

And yes, all games get grindy at end-game. Grinding out 100 Raids for purple gear in WoW is no more fun then grinding out 100 STFs in STO. But to my mind there are so many games out there to play that when one starts to feel grindy I just take a break and play one of the others. I think, at least for most people, that it's foolish to think that they'll never want to play more then 1 game in their life. No game can produce enough content for that to every happen, IMO. If it starts to feel like work then take a break and play something else.