View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
I have begun designing and assembling the components for the long-awaited "Ghosts of War, Part V" - but before I begin developing Part V in earnest, I will be remastering Parts I-IV, beginning, of course, with Part I, which I have just re-published.

Unfortunately as it turned out, the upgrades we got weren't quite what I needed to overhaul the first map the way I wanted, so I ended up only making cosmetic changes (albeit a ton of them) to that map. Most of the other changes I made were at the tail end of the mission, and yes, those changes will propagate into Parts II-IV.

Anyhoo, here is the mission info. Please have another look at it when you get the chance, O Evil One.

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part I
Author: paxfederatica, formerly known as the author NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 16+
Allegiance: Starfleet
ST-HBPDJHGFE
Estimated Mission Length: 20-30 minutes
Method of Report Delivery: Post to this forum thread
Federation Mission - Ghosts of War series Part I: Dust To Dust (Re-review)
Author: paxfederatica, formerly known as the author NCC-89471
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HBPDJHGFE

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and seems to have survived the season 6 upgrade. I noted some of the updates you made using the new Foundry functionality. The map designs are good with several challenging battles and excellent story dialogue. The mission length is probably closer to 60 + minutes with the dialogue and combat combined. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who like a good story with their mission.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is an intriguing description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue with just enough of a story to draw the player in and make them want to click the "Hail" button.

Mission Task: This is a good initial description with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
1: CA-115 - Space: This is a nice map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-I think you are using the "Weather Starstreaks North South 01" effect, which only works if the player is traveling at higher speeds in a northerly direction on the map. Consider changing the map set up so the spawn point is to the east of the array facing west towards the array. Then use the "Weather Starstreaks West East 01" effect. Set up a "Drop from warp" interaction in the story using an "Invisible Object" which comes in 10Fft through 1000ft size. The interaction animation you should use is the "Warp In - Federation" effect. Then you set the "Weather Starstreaks West East 01" to disappear and all the array objects to appear when the "Component Complete" is achieved. This would mean you?ll also have to move the initial enemy mob encounter as well.
-The enemy mobs are a little close to each other which can force the player to engage both at the same time. For some players this might be a little overwhelming so consider spreading the mobs a little bit further apart.

2: Verena III - Space: This is a great map design with excellent explosive effects for the satellites. The story dialogue is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

3: Verena III - Ground: This is a good map design with several tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-If a player is playing this map with high detail they will still see "Alien" plant life spread across the map. I do not think there is much you can do about this except to go into the editor with high detail set and place rocks over the plants on the map. Beyond that I don?t think you can change it that much. I just wanted to make you aware of it.
-Consider adding respawn points further into the map, especially for the last battle.

4: Verena III - Space: This is a good map design with some fun battles. The story dialogue is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Emborian Nebula - Space: This is a nice map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

6: Intel situation room - Interior: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is excellent and a good wrap to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did really well with this mission and if the in game review system was functioning I would give it 5 stars. As always, I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 08/11/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.