View Single Post
Career Officer
# 1 High hopes for the future!
08-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Honestly, I have high hopes for STO PvP. I think we have something going that I actually like.

Lack of content? Bah... We get new space abilities all the time! Abilities that totally change my own and my opponents behaviour. New gear, new weapons, new doffs, new ships... To me, that's the most important addition to pvp content! It changes the whole playstyle, and every new addition lends to a thousand new variations!

Also, it's refreshing to see dStahl giving it to us straight in the newest Ask-C. It's in the works, but not a priority. Fair enough. I can handle the truth!

What gives me the most hope for the future, is the Devs attempts at balancing the abilities! I remember a time when no dev would dare touch the space ability mechanics! Now, we have devs in there, trying to figure out the mistakes of those who were there before them, and to unravel the knots in the code. As long as they keep tweeking balance, i'm not gonna complain about pvp being neglected!

Sure, it's a long way to go, and the z-store jockeys aren't making it easy for them, the way they push pets, but all in all, I'm happy with the progress I've seen over the last few months. (Maybe I've just been conditioned to expect little?)