View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 16
08-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, all. Been thinking about it some. I'm going to give it another shot. I've been able to accomplish all the other optional objectives for "Way of the Warrior" it's just been that ONE for the convoy that's eluded me. I'll see if I can't nail the timing on that thing and play around with the DPS.

Speaking of DPS and all, just in case it's important, let me tell you what ship and layout I've got.

I've been using my Vor'cha refit, the Hegh'Qib. (Incidentally, that's supposed to translate to "Deathshadow". I used an online Klingon/English dictionary for that. I hope I got it right. >.>; )

(I have the Bortas (anniversary version) available to use, but... holy GOD the thing is a whale! I'm able to "turn and burn" much better in the Vor'cha and have felt much more comfortable with that ship. At some point, I'll put some upgraded weaponry and consoles on the Bortas and play around again with configs to see if I can make it work. But for now, I'm sticking with the Vor'cha.)

I also bought the Vor'kang variant earlier, so I also have the Isometric Charge Module. Also - I have the full Dominion Engine/Deflector/Shield set, so I have the Antiproton sweep, as well as the Breen weaponry from the Cold Front series. (I have the full Breen Deflector/Engine/Shield set as well, but currently set up on another ship.)

So, weapons layout is:
FRONT:
Disruptor Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] (Uncommon/Green)
Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg] (Rare/Blue)
Dual Disruptor Beam Bank Mk XI [Acc] x2 (Rare/Blue)
Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo Launcher Mk XI (Rare/Purple)

REAR:
Bio-Neural Warhead
Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo (Rare/Blue)

In reserve in my current inventory I also have:
Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CrtH] x2 (Rare/Blue)
Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XI [Acc] [Dmg] (Rare/Blue)
Reman Prototype Covariant Shield Array Mk XI (Rare/Blue) (This is the one that gives you that wicked looking hex/energy field effect over your ship in place of your standard hull)

I have that weird weaponry layout in the back as a "chaser deterrence" package, BTW. As in - "Yeah, I'm turning my ass to you and moving away... You SURE you want to follow directly behind me? SURPRISE!" Heh.

But I could be convinced to switch all of this around to better effect. For instance, I was thinking maybe switch out one of the beam arrays up front with the extra set of cannons, maybe?

As for slowing down the freighters, unfortunately I don't have as many science options as I'd like for crowd control, being a tac captain on a Vor'cha. Maybe that would be a good reason to switch to the Bortas - so I can get more of my science BOFFs doing their thing?

Edit: Looking at the weaponry types - would using Tetryon Cannons help? The numbers seem to indicate it would blow down shields faster.

Last edited by logandarklighter; 08-15-2012 at 10:02 AM.