Super Moderator
# 14
08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
My guy got assimilated

now the two characters who have suffered this fate in MISSIONS were deleted
this one gets to live because borg DON'T surrender
Allow me to be very clear on this point, and mind you this is only my personal observation.

You are certainly within your rights to roleplay this game to the point that you would consider a character "lost" if they ever once got assimilated. It seems extreme to me, but I won't criticize you for that.

However, the choice to delete them is yours and yours alone. No other player, and not Cryptic, forces you to do that or is to blame for that decision.

I get the feeling that you are unhappy that you can't force the game and other players to fit into your worldview. If I'm right about that, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Play the way you want, but please don't expect the rest of us to conform or agree. When all is said and done, this is only a game and we'd like to just enjoy the entertainment.

For the record, I agree... having the Borg show up in this particular scenario isn't very consistent. With all of the other races in the game who might try to sabotage a starbase and who might surrender, I don't see why the Borg need to be included in this.

If pretending that it's a holoprogram simulation helps you enjoy it, then I'm glad you found a way to enjoy it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek