View Single Post
Captain
# 15
08-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Ok guys thanks for all the help. I've changed my mind about the Nividia GeForce 7800. Just one more question. I now plan on getting a brand new CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop. $519.99 and it has a Nividia 610 on it. I'm not sure about the complete specs of the GPU, but I have watched several YouTube videos where people play Battlefield 3 in High-Ultra settings with no lag. Do you guys think it could play STO in ultra settings? Would this be a reasonable upgrade?
It'll run STO, whether or not at full settings, I can only say "maybe, buit don't count on it". (610 is the bottom end of the 600 series). Keep in mind that the videos of "Battlefield 3 on a 610" are running at reduced resolutions and have tweaked things one way or the other.

Be very wary of the use of the word "gamer" or "gaming" in advertising, it gets abused a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkulius View Post
While it's true that STO doesn't need a state of the art graphics card to run, I find it impossible to stay at 30FPS all the time at 1920x1080 with maxed details on a Radeon 6970. And that's with no antialiasing applied at all. Hitting 60FPS constantly is something I can only dream of.
Wow, I'd have thought you could get better out of a 6970, it's a couple of steps up from what I have (GTX275). With my old GTX275, I average around 60fps with STO @ 1680x1050 (Lower resolution, but I'm also running two monitors.)

Last edited by beezle23; 08-18-2012 at 07:55 AM.