View Single Post
Commander
# 145
08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirash1979 View Post
Really hate to throw a monkey wrench into this theory, but all of my STO files are located in my Steam folder. When I tried to download the game and run it separately, it was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios and it still didn't work.
Hmmm...and this gets more and more intriguing! Yet, I should clarify that my pal, whose files are also located at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios', has never used Steam in conjunction with STO. Nor have I.

Yet, per your post Kirash1979, it seems as though Steam users have also been effected by this bug.

On my end, being at wits end, I took the liberty of calling my Internet Service Provider's, Road Runner's, Technical Support line, to see if they might be able to shed some light on this conundrum.

Apparently, as of this writing, they have no widespread reports of STO/Cryptic/PWE players, who are also Road Runner subscribers, having any issues.

The gal I spoke to was thankfully neither condescending nor presumptuous. She attentively heard my full description of this problem and every detail of my attempts to resolve it.

Obviously, no resolution was found.

Pretty much think this, along with everything else in this thread, points to the ball being very firmly in your court PWEBranflakes!
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71