View Single Post
Career Officer
# 38
08-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
While you're punching in numbers, I'll already spoil the results:

If you're shooting at paper-mache, PvE-trash or PvP-noobs, then yes, BO+Quantum works like a charm. Big numbers, and **BOOOOOM**
If you're shooting at something more durable though, like Tac Cubes, STF Bosses or skilled PvPers ... well, then they'll soak up your BO+Quantum combo, then laugh while your power levels are drained to nothing and their shields barely scratched.

BO+Quantum combo means you're optimizing for trash kills.
Transphasics optimize for sustained hull dps on tough target ... or: targets where it actually counts.

But some people like seeing huge numbers on insignificant targets, some day someone will be able to explain to me why that is. Probably.

Edit: NOOOOES! Too slow
Edit2: Just in case - 'not saying that going for transphasics is ideal - it's just a less bad idea than people think it is.
You're doing it wrong. Very sadly wrong. The only guy worse so far was Mr DPV guy. Granted BO3 in pve seems sorta lulz, but if you can't get the shields down on stf bosses in very short order there's some other issue. Or are you now going to say you didn't mean that? Sorta curious on that.

And if you in particular have some sort of set up where you can't get past a players shields in PVP well I guess that's YOUR problem. Stop saying everyone else shares your fail.

"laugh while your power levels are drained to zero"....Do you even play STO?

"BO+Quantum combo means you're optimizing for trash kills.
Transphasics optimize for sustained hull dps on tough target ... or: targets where it actually counts."

And what is this crap? If you're going to make **** up, make up some good ****! Some people just like saying stuff. Someday someone will explain to me why that is.

And before you nerd rage into a frenzy. You're reasoning is flawed. You've simply created situations where your solution appears to be the only solution. If you'd like to propose an argument, go ahead. You haven't yet.

Cheers and happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!