View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 24
08-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Updated update.

Well after 3 more failures, I finally got it done. The first couple of tries I made bone-headed mistakes that I realized right from the start. (Wrong BOFF layout because I had just gotten off of a Borg Alert and forgot to change back was one.) The third was a failure only because I muffed the timing and I saw immediately what I had done wrong and knew I could correct it.

And that timing is damn tricky. You really have to work HARD to stop ANY of the freighters from crossing that middle set of buoys. (Chroniton torpedoes REALLY REALLY help!) But if you can, it becomes almost a cake-walk because you can just blow the hell out of the one Fed ship that opposes you. Then stop a couple of the freighters that have repaired themselves enough to move again and re-apply the hurt on the rest to give you time to transport the cargo.

Y'know, I can be a vindictive sort sometimes. I could have just let the freighters go after I got their cargo... But no - this mission sent me too much frustration. It was time for payback. I allowed a couple of them to cross the buoys for the sole purpose of luring more fed ships in.

And then I left nothing but VAPOR of them all!

As the old Klingon proverb goes - Revenge is a dish best served cold. And it is very cold in space.