View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Any time you're just using sweat equity it's free, IMO.

Most of us have tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of Fleet Credits - and most of the Fleet Store items are sub-standard compared to what we already have - and you can make 1,440 Dilithium in about 10 minutes.

If I can convert 5 SB DOFFs into 3 useful DOFFS that can save me a lot of ECs on the Exchange or dollars in the C-Store. If that's how it works it seems like an OK deal for me. But I'm not hung-up on Immediate Gratification. I'm willing to work a little to get what I want.
Thats great and all, but the entire supposed purpose of the Fleet DOFF vendor was so that people with crazy amounts of fleet credit could have something to spend them on that would actually aid in advancing the fleet projects. Small fleets could get past being stuck on not having 30 security officers by investing some of the fleet credits they earned thru grinding into purchasing DOFFs. If the DOFFs aren't usable on fleet projects, what is the point of that guys existence?

And having no way to distinguish between a project-slottable DOFF and an unslottable DOFF listed on the exchange makes purchases there a little bit like russian roulette. If I plunk down 800k for a common sensor officer I damn sure want to know I can use it on a project.

EDIT: Also, I don't want to have to go to the fleet base, buy commons, go back to SFA, trade them up. Then trade them down, and then repeat. I want to play the game, not shlepp back and forth from sirius to eta erandi and back again.

But hey - its working as intended.

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.