View Single Post
Commander
# 269
08-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Okaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy...so, I just got another email from PWE Tech Support and I couldn't help laughing, like the nerve-shot hysteric I've become as a result of troubleshooting this issue obsessively for almost a week now!

Here's what they sent me:

"Hello ,

Please contact your Internet Service Provider about this issue. It may be a good idea to request that your IP traffic be routed through an alternate Domain Name Server (DNS).

If the issue persists, please let us know."

Well, I have to admit that this suggestion was on my 'to-do' list, in case the matter hadn't resolved itself with today's patch.

So, I'm gonna uninstall the game again, restart. Use the torrent I downloaded last night (very early this morning actually) to reinstall. Then, I'll call my ISP...again. Last time I hadn't thought to "request that my IP traffic be routed through an alternate Domain Name Server (DNS)".

I'll keep ya all posted and also keep checking if anyone else has come up with a viable, working solution.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71