View Single Post
Career Officer
# 270
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Methos, I think you just hit that lucky moment where the launcher comes up thing because I tried the XP compatibility thing last night and got the same old trying to update launcher business. Seems everyone is giving up here and I don't blame them in a way but we should redouble our efforts and start messaging branflakes and other PWE staff until either they ban us or listen. What's thereto lose at this point? We have no game to play.

EDIT: Got this from Support, LMAO:

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your patience in regards to this issue.

Please go to: http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe to manually download the launcher.

Please be sure to put the file into your Cryptic Launcher folder; which is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios; overwriting the existing file of the same name that is in there. This will be the same folder that also has CrypticError.exe.

Please edit this ticket if you continue having difficulties.

The version numbers of this launcher versus the other are different and my install folder is Public/Games/Cryptic Studios

Still doesnt work anyway, I got excited for a moment and thought this might be a manual launcher, oh well.

Last edited by bannon3; 08-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.