View Single Post
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
"Stray Dogs", is my first Foundry mission in that endeavor! And God willing more to come

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer!

This is my first attempt, and sadly due to the limitations of the foundry, there was much I just could not accomplish.

What I did do, I hope you enjoy!

Here are some hints to help you get the most from the episode:

Not everything is as it seems. Explore the maps, you may well stumble onto an unexpected side-arc. Alternative scenarios and choices play an important of the storyline, but to achieve this, I was unable to include it in the main storyline. Before rushing through the "main" story arc, listen to what the NPC's are telling you. They could be giving you clues of what to do next!

I wish I could reward the players in some way for completing tasks, but alas simply knowing that you saved the day will have to suffice!

Notes:

If there is one thing more than anything I would like to see included in the Foundry tool, it would be the ability to include side-arc missions, and special rewards for individual tasks. Did I mention more assets?
Klingon Mission - Stray Dogs
Author: drkfrontiers
Allegiance: Klingon
Project ID: ST-HD74U4ZHP

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with good map design, glorious battles, and excellent story dialogue throughout. Your story drew me in and kept me thoroughly riveted all the way through. If as you say this is your first mission, then I must say you did a fantastic job in creating it. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who love a good Klingon story with several glorious battles and an excellent story.

Below are a couple of items I noted while playing the mission. I wanted to let you know about them. None of them are show stoppers or impede it in anyway.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: I noted the location of the first custom map from your description but you should add it to the initial mission task. You want to make sure the player can find where to start. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
House of Sepich: This is a good map design with a fun battle and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Departure from Qo'noS: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider placing the spawn point closer to the Qo'noS Orbital Command. The distance seemed unnecessary to the story.

Somewhere in the B'Moth Sector: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider adding a "Skip Puzzle" button or something along those lines. Puzzles can be interesting for some and not for others.

Abandoned Doqcha Station: This is a great map design with glorious battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

B'Moth Sector: This is an excellent map design with glorious battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Qo'noS: This is a good map design with very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Gila IV: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

The Imperial Residence on Gila IV: This is a great map design with glorious battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Battle of Gila IV: This is a great map design with several glorious battles and well written dialogue. This is a good wrap up to an epic mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future. Keep up the great work.
Brian

This critique report also filed 08/23/2012 on forum posting for: @drkfrontiers Stray Dogs.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.