View Single Post
Commander
# 2
08-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldwolf89 View Post
#1 everyone wants more play-ability with the bridge. with the fact that the interior of the ship is a level in of itself this poses an issue.
Your talking about rebuilding the GUI. Even if proper object oriented programming(OOP) methods was followed from start to now, that's no small feat. (Not a monumental one, but not a small one.) 90% OOP isn't input lines of text into a compiler. It's the planning of a layout. Because each part builds on the last, small changes to the way things are lay out snowball, Quickly!

Quote:
#3 the ship display on the bridges. They always miss the mark for me. so two suggestions, allow an upload option for custom imagery there or eliminate it all together together.
Depending on how paranoid and backward thinking they (or whatever library they handed the job off to) tried to obscure the code, that actually would be something that could be as simple are switching one address in memory for another correctly layout one.

What is displayed is a very long string of three or four numbers (The red, green, blue, and maybe alpha values for a pixel.) feed to rending engine that make it "3d". That would just be as hard as finding where those value are read from to display one thing and switching it over to read from some local screen shot or something.

Quote:
#4 and i think this is the real genius one and it would be so simple allow an option for the ships to basically auto pilot itself to the next mission start location while we take care of our business inside the ship basically allowing enough practical time for the journey and when the ship would have arrived our first officer tells us we are there and when we exit the bridge after the allotted time we are at the next mission.

bottom line everyone keeps saying the devs don't bother with the bridges cuz no one uses them but i think we would if some time and thought was put into it.
That one I like. I really like that one because it has the potential to skip half a dozen or more loading screens that can give me trouble. Though that is a little how trans-warping works for the episode missions.