View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramath View Post
Not a complete noob but I see they changed some things around in the game since PWI took over. On the away team, is there a limit to the level of the officers? I.E. I am engy and my ship can stock 1 commander engy, 1lt cmdr engy, 1 lt science, 1 lt tac, and 1 ensign science.

Can I run say myself (VA Upper Engy) 3 commander tacs and 1 commander science on the away team?

Duty officers same question, with a twist. Are duty officers required to be the posted ship station officers or can I roll up a set of officers to go in the duty stations and are they limited to level?
I think you're misunderstanding the way Bridge and Duty officers work. There is no "level cap" on your bridge officers and there never has been, before or after F2P. And you can run whatever combination of officers in your Away Team as you like. I almost never run with my Tacs, for example. It doesn't matter what rank they have.

Bridge Officers are always at the highest rank you have promoted them to. In order to promote them you need to spend skill points (or expertise) to upgrade their skills, and then select "Promote" from the options menu in the Status window. Promoting officers (to a maximum rank of Commander) unlocks their skills.

The "Commander science" and other things you have on your ship are your Bridge Officer Stations. The only thing an Officer Station does is determine what officers can sit in the station (Tactical/Science/Engineering) and what level of unlocked skill they can use. So, even if you have a Commander Science officer, if you sit that officer in an Ensign Science Station, he will only be able to use the Ensign-level (lowest-level) power that he has.

As for Duty Officers, Duty Officers have no rank, just a quality. Purple > Blue > Green > White. Duty Officers are used for Duty Officer Assignments, and nowhere else. You may "equip" up to 10 Duty Officers (5 space and 5 ground) to give you special effects in combat depending on the type and quality of the Duty Officer. Equipping a Duty Officer means you can't send it out on an assignment, but that's it.