View Single Post
Career Officer
I have a famous Trek character in mind for use in a Foundry mission. It really can't be any other character for the plot I have in mind.

I'd like to point out a couple of things from the EULA FAQ that Branflakes posted and solicit community feedback on a specific case. The EULA states we can use characters but NOT actors likenesses. This was clarified as such in the FAQ:

Quote:
3. Are we allowed to use the character of Dax, with the symbiont in a new host?
Nothing in the EULA prevents this. Please refer to the EULA for a list of "Star Trek Properties."
5. Can we mention a person, but not show them? For instance, mention "James T. Kirk did XYZ??"
Nothing in the EULA prevents this. Please refer to the EULA for a list of "Star Trek Properties."
6. I know we cannot portray actors, but what about characters who were in costumes and make-up and you cannot tell who the actor was?
7. Could I write a mission in which the player opens a channel and has a long, drawn out conversation with Picard? I would use a costume of a ship to represent him in the popup dialog.
So here's the deal.

It's Picard. However, my version is:
- Aged up to 104.
- Has a face obscuring beard.
- Is wearing a VISOR for plot specific reasons.

Here's a screenshot of him as he'd appear:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9...2082601555.jpg

Does that count as full makeup? Or do I need to put him in a Breen suit, with a bit more babble?

I've tried playing with the plot, using other characters. It comes out odd with anyone other than our esteemed former captain and ambassador to Vulcan in the role.

I'd value community opinions on this.