View Single Post
Captain
# 27
08-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
The answer is obvious as it is the main problem with the f2p model. If you're not one of the big spenders you fall behind.
Fall behind at what?

I do STFS all the time where I generally use my free RA ship. I do Dailies every day, with my free RA ship. Do I care if it takes me 1 minute longer to do an STF or Daily because I am using a free ship? Not at all.

The only place a C-Store ship gives someone an advantage is in PvP - and the PvP community in this game is quite small compared to the PvE community. But even if you are a PvPer it's massively easy to earn Dilithium in this game and convert it to Zen and buy whatever ship you want.

I earn over 17,000 Dilithium every single day just playing 2-2.5 hours. I average between 500,000 and 600,000 Dilithium per month. At the current Exchange rate that is between 3,300 and 4,000 Zen just from playing the game. You can buy any ship you want in the game each month just playing. I know this to be true as I haven't purchased any CP/Zen from Cryptic in 7 months and I own every Fed ship, Fed Uniform, and Pet the game has released - and I currently have over 15,000 Zen on my account.

You don't need to be a "big spender" in STO to get everything you want - assuming you don't want it all by tomorrow.