View Single Post
Captain
# 4
08-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I just want to point out that this would require changing the way the hangar pets work... The number of bays the ship has isnt the limiting factor to how much it can deploy..

The description for all of the bays generally states something like: "Each hangar supports 2 deployed wings at any given time"

That means the item itself, say [Hangar - To'duj Fighters], supports 2 wings of 3 , not the slot on the ship.

So giving a carrier 4 bays, but not changing the equippable pets means that it would be 2 wings per bay... or 8 wings or 24 fighters (or any combination of things).
See that's something I do not believe. Pre-F2P the main carriers (2-hangar) did launch a lot more wings per hangar than they do now (if memory serves me right one could have 4 wings per hangar out) while the flight deck cruisers were limited to 2 deployed wings so there is a means of limiting how many wings deployed total per ship rather than per hangar as a universal. The amount launched by the main carriers was reduced because of lag / FPS issues FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I like new stuff for the KDF but I don't know if many people would really care for it, not being able to launch any more fighters and for how much you lose you don't really gain much in return.

Between losing 2 weapons and a tac console slot, SA isn't really going to make up the damage, make it hard to do anything solo.
You are not taking into consideration how the ship works as a whole. You may be seeing only the loss of weapon slots without considering what the ship gains in return.

1- You have better launch capability and flexibility. Literally, you can launch all 4 wings at once rather than have to wait for the timers to launch 2 at a time.

2- You can mix the pet loadout in hangars. 4 bops = 4 bops launched at once. Or you can launch 2 bops and 2 todujs.. or 4 todujs.. or a mix of combat and support/drain pets.

This versatility is really,really big in damage output and survivability/support capability of the carrier. As a dedicated carrier this would be a defining characteristic.

(one that I believe the fed Atrox should have too but thats another story).

3- Yes, you lose 2 guns and 1 tac slot. News for you: If you want guns there's the Dreadnought variant. The loss of the 2 guns and tac slot are replaced with the sci console and sensor analysis. Pet damage and science based damage are greatly enhanced by SA.

Finally you have much stronger shields albeit a slightly weaker hull...and the boff slots make the VoD'leh a very potent science carrier capable of using a lot of science based offensive and support abilities or dedicate them to tanking. Look at the Atrox as a good example, the science slots are the same and it does wonders.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg