View Single Post
Ensign
# 51
08-30-2012, 08:31 AM
im new to STO so i dunno about voicing my opinion, but im a massive fan of sci-fi in general and from my Perspective the KDF are throwing a fit that the feds got carriers... and the feds are whining that the KDF carriers/deployables are superior... but to be honest the federation should have had them from the start with the KDF, and why do you ask i would make this statement... well for two reasons... First of all.. we humans build Aircraft naval Carriers right now so it would only be logical to assume that one of us.. or the many member worlds would have thought to design one at some point for space warfare secondly... you may which to think back to all the other startrek games and novels that you've read that have referenced federation Carriers in the past... and i would assume that during the dominion wars in DS9 that those federation fighters were being carried by something

however... and there is allways a however, a game needs balance, every faction needs to have the same capabilities up to a point...( a perfect example that comes to mind is the Race balancing in another Sci-fi MMO where each race specalizes in its own types of weaponry like lasers,projectiles,railguns,drones,missiles) but the strengths of those weapons can be varied, i think Cryptic needs to step back and think... this is what the feds are like and what they should be good at based on how technology evolved in the federation, this is what the KDF is like (and any extra factions added later) and design the vessels accordingly

for example it is a well known fact that Klingon armor/hull is far superior, but in equal balance federation shield generators are more developed

i would 'like' to state that the klingons should have superior carrier technology as a balancing mechanism to the federation... but honestly do we know how long the klingons have been working with this technology... because we humans have been doing it for what... 506 years(i think thats right... 1903->2409)

On a side note... usually when a technology is invented is eventually wanders outside of the hands its to be used by... so perhaps look at it as the intelligence divisions of each faction are actually doing their jobs and not just sitting around with their coffee/raktajino n donuts/Gagh.... i mean dont the KDF have phonics & andriod DO/BOs... that would mean they got their paws on the specs for the mobile emitter and a good scan of lore, data 1 or data 2(b4) anyway.. hope i dont make anyone mad lol n have fun in this awesome game ^^;