View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
O Evil One, I am pleased to report that remastering of "Ghosts of War, Part II" is now complete.

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part II
Author: NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Method of Report Delivery: Post to this thread

Please note that Part II has been redesigned as a shuttle mission (though truth be told, only the new first map really requires a shuttle, as the ground maps remain the heart of the story).
Federation Mission - Name: Ghosts of War, Part II (Re-review)
Author: NCC-89471
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and an excellent sequel in the series. The map designs are great, the battles are tough but not impossible, and the story dialogue is excellent. I really like the redesign of the beginning and end of the mission. I would highly recommend this mission and the series to all players who love a great mix of map design, intriguing story dialogue, and a few battles to keep it interesting.

Below are a few items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
1: Bironex Depot - Space: This is a great map design with a challenging path to get through the patrol ships without having to fight them. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

2: Bironex Depot - Interior: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The last dialogue tree; at the end of the "Explain" response button tree the response button says "[Back]" but when pressed the map transfer dialogue appears. The player never gets to read the "Even if we capture" button dialogue. Because of the "[Back]" I thought it was going to take me back to that menu. I was not sure if that was your intention.

3: Barradas III - Space: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Barradas III - Ground: This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Listening post - Interior: This is a great map design with some tough battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

6: Barradas III - Space: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I note one item to consider changing:
-The S.S. Fleming is visible the minute the player spawns.

7: S.S. Fleming - Interior: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

8: U.S.S. Monticello - Interior: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Captain Sadak NPC standing by himself during security alert seems unlikely. Consider adding a couple of security standing next to him. If this is because he is an alien you should still consider placing the guards to keep the player from being suspicious. I was suspicious from the moment I saw him by himself.
-The map transfer dialogue; consider changing "[OOC]Two to beam back[/OOC]" to read "[OOC]Five to beam back[/OOC]"

9: Barradas III - Space: This is a good map design with a good battle and excellent story dialogue to help wrap up this mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Realizing the limitation within the Foundry of creating an object to represent the two ships, it is still distracting that I am scanning two vessels that are not there. I understand there is nothing you can do about it at the moment.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job renovating the mission with the season 6 upgrades. I look forward to playing/reviewing the rest of the series as you complete them.
Brian

This critique report also filed 08/31/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".