View Single Post
Captain
# 23
09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
Your forgetting about the character Whoopie Goldberg (don't know don't care if thats the correct spelling for he name) played in the next gen, Her entire race was wiped out by the Borg with a history and all.
Since you started your post by being utterly disrespectful and uncaring, I suppose i'll have to follow in kind. The correct spelling FYI, is "Whoopi Goldberg", Mr Risabove. Don't suppose you'd like it if people purposely called you by the wrong name? I'm sure Mr Burton wasn't too thrilled to be called "Laverne" on the ST: Nemesis set, by it's director.

Quote:
The problem I have with a Borg episode in Archers time is the tech level between then and when Q re-introduced the Federation to the Borg, they would have had borg tech to fight them with. You can't tell me Starfleet would have just left the borg stuff and never poked at it as that just does not fit into Starfleets profile.
You fail to take into account, the impact of having Borg in the 22nd Century (caused by Picard leaving wreckage/bodies on Earth in 2063). In the original timeline, the Borg weren't even present in the 22nd Century (as far as we know). There would be no tech to study, no tech to prepare for, and no fore-knowledge of the Borg, other than "rumor and speculations".

During TNG, Season 1's "The Neutral Zone" and Season 3's "Best of Both Worlds" are very much part of the same storyline. The Enterprise is sent to investigate a planet (in the latter episode), and it's confirmed that the destruction is the "same as what was seen in The Neutral Zone". The Borg were present near Federation space as early as the end of Season 1. Half a season later, in "Q Who?", the character of Q sends the Enterprise flying 8500 lightyears, directly into the path of a Borg Cube. It's assumed later on that the Cube in Best of Both Worlds, is the same cube as in Q Who?. One could always speculate, why were the Borg already on a direct path towards the Alpha Quadrant, when Q sent the Enterprise flying? Did Q possibly have fore-knowledge of what Humanity should expect to face? Did Q try to warn Picard and the rest of humanity? We know from Q's own statements, that the "Continuum" fears what Humanity might one day become. A race possibly more powerful than the Continuum itself.

Quote:
You can say their separate realities to justify the mess but its not the case, the last Star Trek movie is supposed to be about to how Kirk became Captain of the Enterprise not some alternate reality and it can't be an alternate reality anyway cause you have the Spok we know as well as the new one so it has directly got to do with temporal time travel.
Stated and quoted in the movie as being an "Alternate Reality" caused by Nero's influence on the timeline and the destruction of the USS Kelvin. I understand you hated the movie, but atleast try and back up your claims with same actual FACTS.

Quote:
If you have ever seen the original pilot episode of the original Star Trek with Captain Pike you would see how hypercritical the whole Star Trek story line has become and there is another Episode with Kirk returning Pike to the planet it all started with but the new movie completely wrecked that whole story.
This goes back to my previous paragraph. The 2009 movie takes place in an "Alternate Reality", and thus anything that happens in that timeline, has absolutely NO BEARING on the events of the "Prime Universe" that is TOS and beyond.