View Single Post
Captain
# 163
09-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I've redone my build a bit after trying some different things based on y'alls suggestions, and this is what I've come up with. Anything obviously wrong with this...or not so obvious?

-------------------
Fore Weapons:
2 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Dual-Heavy Cannons [ACC]x2, 1 Purple XII Tetryon Beam Bank [ACC]x3, 1 Purple XII Quantum Torp. [ACC]x2[CrtD]

Aft Weapons:
3 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Turrets [ACC]x2

Sets:
2 Piece Borg (Console + Deflector) / 2 Piece XII Honor Gaurd (Shield + Engines)

Consoles:
Tac: 3 Purple + 1 Blue XII Tetryon Consoles, 1 Purple XII Zero Point Console
Sci: 1 Purple XII Field Generator
Eng: 2 Purple XII Neutronium, 1 Purple XII RCS, Borg Console

Tac Abilities:
Tactical Team x2, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Beam Overload 2, High Yield Torpedo 3, Attack Pattern Omega 1, Attack Pattern Omega 3

Sci Abilities:
Tractor Beam 1, Hazard Emitters 2

Eng Abilities:
Emergency Power to Weapons 1, Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1

Active Space Doffs:
3 Purple Shield Distribution Doffs + 2 Conn Officers (evasive maneuvers)
-------------------
Looks like you are going for the super spike idea... it can work... really though... I would say you are way light on the rapid fire patterns which is going to account for 80% of your dmg potential. Myself I would loose the beam and the overload 2.... likely put Rapid Fire 3 in for Omega 3... and then run a copy of Delta 1.

You have lots of shield heals already true... but honestly I would likely say a copy of Transfer shield strength would still be better then the tractor 1... although I get the idea... tractor Overload + HY.

Also if you are going to run torps at all I don't think you can afford to run zero torp doffs.... the dps increase is just way to good when you run them.

Myself I would run Hazards 1 + TSS 2 on your sci....
With 2 Torp doffs instead of the Conn officers. (There likely to be nerfed shortly anyway)

Really I would likely try 2 quantums... with HY 3 and HY 2 + 2 doffs.... then on your alphas you can preload HY 3 and 2 very easily and spit 7 torps as you scream into a target... that is where it would really be nice to have Rapid fire 3 so you can really try to get that facing down... honestly Overload is just to often a miss to be reliable for that.

Still what ever works for you is the way to go... nothing majorly wrong with the build in anyway.