View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 108
09-05-2012, 07:57 AM
One real downside is that the Universal Consoles of the feds are more defensive while ours are more offensive and when the two are swapped the trade seems less than amazing for us.
Unless we get specific consoles that are the few fed offensive ones.

Secondly is the fact that the KDF consoles are not going to be balanced for use with any of the feds non-console, special equipment (like the MACO set or Ablative armor, etc) and they may become to powerful in certain combo's.

The possibility that it will take a while to see such balanced out (and possibly ruining the consoles in question for KDF use since we can not field the fed combo's) and such balance may not happen at all, is my worst fear.

All we can really do is continue our fight for KDF completion and hope that we, as KDF players, have the mettle to survive the changes ahead.
If PWE/Cryptic kills the faction after all our efforts then the blaim lies on thier heads for f'ing up a good game to pander to one side of the fanbase. It will come back to haunt them and like SWgalaxies they will eventually die. Frankly its what I see happening if the STO course remains as it is and only pursues profit by microtransaction without gicing gaming substance.

I would rather not see that happen. I would rather PWE/Cryptic puts forth the resources to finish the KDF to completion, inserts the RSE into STO as its own faction and develops a storyline for all factions to participate in so STO grows in both scope and detail to be a firm entity of MMO sci-fi gaming.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.