View Single Post
Captain
# 734
09-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirisfox View Post
i use an mvae build based off the one in this post crossed with the one in this one: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post5595561

right now for my front i have:
1 quad cannon
1 HDC anti-proton
1 dual anti proton
1 quantum

rear:
3 anti-proton turrets

maco shields
borg engine
bord deflector
subspace field modulator
subspace jumper
emergency force fields
assimilated console
enhanced plasma manifold
point defense system
impulse compacitance cell
trans warp computer
defense turret

tac commander : tac team 1, attack pattern beta 1, torp spread 3, cannon scatter volly 3
tac lt: high yeild torp 1, cannon rapid fire 1
tac ensign: torp spread 1
eng lt: emergency power to shields 1, reverse shield polarity 1
science lt-commander: transfer power to shields 1, hazard emmiters 2, photonic officeers 2

i dropped the polarized hull as most tractor beams were used on me while i was already facing them and i found the impulse burst and evasive maneuvers could get me out of most bad situations that involved them. the photonic officer reduces my cool down on abilities.

I've not tried adding a second torp launcher yet but now that i've read about it may give it a go here and see what happens.

also input/critique would be welcomed
I'm guessing you have all Antiproton Mag Regulators for your Tactical Consoles, right? If so, get rid of the quad cannon. If not, why don't you? Your DPS will suffer tremendously.

If you want to keep the quad cannon, switch to phasers. While I don't have a quad cannon, I do have mk xi/xii DHCs with critdx3. This gives it the same critical severity as an Antiproton DHC mk xi with critdx2 dmg. I have yet to see any mk XII or any critdx3 Antiprotons on the exchange (and even if there were, they would be insanely expensive). My mk xi phasers do not do as much damage as the mk xi antiproton (thanks to the dmg modifier on the latter), but my mk xii phasers do more damage than the mk xi antiproton.

From my quick tests, quad cannons do about the same amount of damage as the mk xi and mk xii phasers. You can live without them if you like antiproton.