Priority One: KDF Question and Answer Event with the Devs
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
09-07-2012, 06:05 AM
1) Since seasons 7, 8 and 9 are looking to be the "seasons of great growth" for Cryptic and for STO, can we KDF expect some love?
2) Missing KDF PvE, on Raptr Dstahl suggests that one method that Cryptic may use to enrich the KDF leveling experienc is to create a "Typhoon pact" situation with the races in the KDF. Can we expect to see missions covering the Gorn uprising, the Orions true purpose for joining (like what secrets did she tempt J'mpok with) and wether the Nausicians really care?
3) Undine to the left of me, feds to the right. I'm stuck in the middle with you. Can we expect to see some KDF specific Undine missions that better portrays the KDFs hunt to eliminate these foes? Do you envision a agnostic STF arising from this idea that may have a decidely KDF flavor?
4) Hurq? Will we ever see more of these classic bad guys? What about the other races, will we ever seen thier racial nemesi in game?
5) One particular player had an excellent idea for a new KDF tutorial where the new player kills his Captain for being an Undine, takes the ship and that is how the player (at a low rank) becomes Captain. Any chance this could be a possibility? Its certainly sounds more fun than what we have.
6) A lot of fans are upset over the percieved lack of balance between Fed vessels and KDF vessels, in that many feel the federation is less handicapped and has stronger choices. How do you maintain balance to the ideology of the factions? Do you think it may be time to relook at some KDF vessels, like the BoP, to make sure that in the rush of "new" brought to the game the KDF vessels of the line have not be neglected? \
7) Can we hope to see new Non-Klingon racial vessels? Like Orion Escorts, Gorn battle Cruisers, Leathean Cruisers and maybe even an Alien choice?
8) KDF bundle packs, Why haven't we seen more? Even if the resources where scarce before surely you can create some for the future under the new growth? Once made they could offer a good source of additional game revenue.
suggestions; Costume Bundle pack, Melee Bundle pack, Targ/Saurian Handler bundle pack.
9) Factional Exclusivety? Many are upset over the Factional Consoles being thrown around in lock boxes, concerned with balance becuase of it and loss of factional draws that may effect player numbers. Do you have plans to leave some things exclusive to the factionas they come from or is STO to end up one big eventual free-for-all? How will you maintain the KDF feel of individuality?
10) Storyline, Gadsukes!! The federation has nearly 40+ missions outlining the Fed/KDF conflict yet the KDf has 4. How do you plan to tell the KDF player they are at war with the federation in the lower levels of the game? Are you going to expand on this excellent backstory or let it die of neglect?
11) Many reasons have been given to slightly handicap KDF vessels in the past, use of Universal slots, Claoking, Higher turn rates, the lower shield but high hull of the KDF design, in order to make trhem fair to federation vessels in combat. With the use of these abilities now on the federation vessels will we KDF players see a lessening of the handicaps that where once meant to bring balance, becuase frankly now they do more harm than good?
12) In the Raptr Q&A it is hinted the feds may see a BoP-like vessel, Why? Why does an orginization designed for exploration and peace first and defensive warfare second need a vessel designed strictly to raid, harrass and strike enemy targets behind lines and with stealth? Have the feds become a bunch of warriors, raiding and conquering as they go? Shall even the ideology of the KDF be given away to them? How does the Defiant not fill this role, sans Battle Claok?
The KDF Bird of Prey is the most flown KDF vessel, as the last bastion of KDF uniqueness, why would you copy/paste it to the fed side and cripple KDF draw?
: What about allowing the humans to Play on the Klingon side. I also thought that Like the bird of prey on Klingon side it has all universal bridge officers. What if you could make a ship like that on the Fed side? Just a thought.
: Both interesting ideas. It wouldn't necessarily add more content to KDF, but something to consider nonetheless. Like the ship concept too.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Last edited by bitemepwe; 09-07-2012 at