Project ID: ST-HL3FLRFGD
Estimated Mission Length: 1h - 3h
Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post
Klingon Mission - The Computer's Son
Author: XR-377
Allegiance: Klingon
Project ID: ST-HL3FLRFGD

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is an excellent mission albeit a long mostly story oriented mission. The battles are glorious and it is a great retelling of the story from the Klingon point of view. From the great map designs through the excellent, in depth, story dialogue, and the glorious battles throughout, I was riveted to my seat from the first map all the way through. I would highly recommend this mission to all Klingon faction players who love glorious battles combined with great map design and excellent story dialogue. You will love the mission despite the length.

As with the previous review of the "Sister" mission, the only real issue I noted was the "Optional Dialogue" you used on a couple of the maps. Consider using triggered dialogue instead. Since this has already been covered in the previous review I will not go into additional detail here.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. Consider moving the actual mission description ahead of the [MissionInfo] dialogue that indicates the nature of the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Alhena System Rendezvous Point: This is a good map design with excellent, in depth story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

I.K.S. Gharwl? Ro?, Briefing: This is a good map design with very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing all the current "Optional Dialogue" to triggered dialogue that goes away after the player interacts with it.

Paulson Nebula, Dense Cloud Fields: This is a great map design with several glorious battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing all the current "Optional Dialogue" to triggered dialogue that goes away after the player interacts with it.
-The post battle dialogue buttons with derelict ships; consider adding some dialogue from a BOFF indicated no contact or life signs. Otherwise the contact buttons serve no purpose to the story.

Paulson Nebula, First Contact Point: This is a good map design with great story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

I.K.S. Gharwl? Ro?, First Contact: This is a great map design with a glorious battle. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Kai warriors used Romulan weapons like the thalaron radiation generator. Consider changing them to another race that would not be so easily recognizable.

Starship ICAI: This is a great map design with glorious battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:

Paulson Nebula, Face to Face: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue, and is a good wrap up to this mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job with this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".