View Single Post
Career Officer
# 19
09-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
In STO canon we don't know what happened to Data and the E. Cryptic has never told us - though DStahl has hinted that we will eventually find out. All we know is that the E was sent to investigate a starbase that wasn't responding and now we have the F with a new Captain. So in STO canon Data is either dead or captured (the E was destroyed), retired (he returned in the E and they decommissioned it), or captaining another ship that isn't the Enterprise (due to the E being destroyed or decommissioned).

Since Cryptic doesn't want to pay Brent Spiner a Likeness Rights fee (anyone remember DStahl joking about putting a $125,000.00 C-Store item out so they could pay Spiner) I'm betting on either dead, captured, or retired.

It's also important to keep in mind that Paramount owns the rights to the Enterprise E, as it was a movie ship, not a TV series ship. That means Cryptic needs Paramount's permission to use it in the game as well - though that's far easier to get then Spiner's rights.
You know it puzzles me why it should cost so much. Do the actors ask for that much, is it their agents or is it the Studios that owns the actors (in such a context) voices? I can't see it being the actors as I bet many of them would do it in exchange for a donation to a charity of their choice by Cryptic. Anyone know the answer to this?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html